Monday, 5 October 2015

Day 6: World Smile Day - by Brian Schiller

Today is World Smile Day, a day devoted to smiles and kind acts throughout the world. Our experience during the ASTA Science Tour of Japan is that EVERY day in Japan is World Smile Day! The Japanese people have been SO welcoming!

We are inspired to continue the exchange of teaching ideas and their development and application after this wonderful experience ends.  My immediate plans are to stay in Japan for a while and improve my Japanese.

I am excited by the opportunity to help develop an on-line vehicle for Japanese and Aussie kids to share science experiences and plan investigations together, (coming next year).

I’m keen to develop Maiko Ikeuchi’s, Rysosuke Sugiyama’s and my Japanese science readers and continue our Japanese in Science program at Seacliff Primary.  Maybe I’ll take a long-term teaching exchange in Japan in the future.

Thanks Robyn, Vic, Sharra, Penny, ASTA, AJF and the Japanese team for a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Brian and Vic having a bit of fun in Tokyo

No comments:

Post a Comment